The bloody axe for the hour hand sets it off
World-renowned watch makers Nixon have linked up with canned water distributers Liquid Death to create the most metal watch ever made.
The second collaboration between the two brands, the Death Clock II is as stylish as it is hellish. From a distance, the classic timekeeper looks like it could adorn a wrist at any average cocktail party. Upon closer inspection, the face could be the cover of Slayer’s comeback album. The two-toned stainless steel band is accented devilishly by a melting Liquid Death skull and a pair of executioner axes for the hand’s – the hour hand is distinguished by blood spatter that looks like it just completed the task it was designed to do.
According to Liquid Death – each of the gold links in its band are hand-assembled by fairtrade demons who were raised exclusively on a diet of black acorns. And the golden axes to represent the hours and minutes were forged in a river of blood deep inside the Glorgoroth Mountains.
Details of the Death Clock II:
- A pair of executioner axes. Bloody axe represents hour hand.
- Very durable, solid stainless steel case and hardened mineral crystal
- Miyota Japanese quartz 3 hand movement
- Tapered, custom, solid stainless steel 3-link bracelet with double locking clasp and micro-adjust gives you a precise fit for all-day comfort
- 100 meter / 10 ATM water rating
- Case back alignment varies
The extremely limited edition Death Clock II retails for $325 and is available now HERE.
It comes as no surprise that the two brands joined forces to create the heavy metal-inspired timepiece. Liquid Death are official presenters of Metallica’s upcoming M72 World Tour. In 2018, Nixon launched a series of Metallica watches. No strangers to the rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle, Nixon has also collaborated with The Grateful Dead and The Rolling Stones.