The band announced their nineteenth studio LP on stage at Power Trip
Heavy metal legends Judas Priest have confirmed their new album, Invincible Shield. The band formally announced their forthcoming LP during their live performance at Power Trip on Saturday (October 7) in Indio, California. The lead single “Panic Attack” arrives next Friday, October 13. The album will reportedly be their final studio effort.
Judas Priest’s upcoming nineteenth full-length record is slated for arrival on March 8, 2024. It will be available on CD, two vinyl editions with alternate covers, cassette, and a very cool distressed, bootleg-style 7″ vinyl. The band has put together several bundles, which combined different variations of the new record. Some bundles include a special Invincible Shield t-shirt, hoodie, or vinyl shipmate cover. The bundles will contain three exclusive bonus tracks. In addition to the physical versions, the album will also be available for digital download and streaming. Check out the exclusive trailer for the album below, as well as the cover art and shots of all the different editions.
Fans can pre-order and pre-save the album now HERE.
Fresh off their 50th anniversary celebrations, the band is reportedly been working on new music for some time now. They released their acclaimed album Firepower back in 2018. The record is the band’s biggest commercial success, charting at No. 5 on the UK Albums Chart and Billboard 200 as well as hitting No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Hard Rock Albums chart. For Firepower, Judas Priest reunited with producer Tom Allom (Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Krokus), who last produced the band’s 1988 album, Ram It Down. The record was co-produced by Andy Sneap, who would stepped in as a touring guitarist for the band. Long-time member Glenn Tipton retired from touring after revealing his Parkinson’s diagnoses, just one month before the album’s release. Tipton co-wrote every song on Firepower. After delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Judas Priest toured relentlessly to celebrate the success of Firepower and the band’s five decades of heavy metal.
“The band that will be replacing me on Power Trip will be announced shortly,” Ozzy said in a statement at the time. “They are personal friends of mine and I can promise that you will not be disappointed.”
After being confirmed as Ozzy’s replacements, Judas Priest said, “Power Trippers, are you ready for some Judas Priest-style heavy metal? Judas Priest are primed and proud to fly the flag for heavy metal at this prestigious festival. We are ready to raise double horns way up high together keeping the metal faith at this ‘bostin’ one of a kind Power Trip world event!”
Priest’s contributions to the genre are well-documented, however they often seem to be overshadowed by contemporaries like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, the latter of whom are on the Power Trip bill. Having them take the stage alongside these other acts was a huge testament to their already rock-solid legacy. Judas Priest have long been synonymous with heavy metal. Since their inception, they’ve only increased their speed, volume, and intensity. They’ve written blueprints for generations of hard music acts to follow. It will be exciting to see what this next (and possibly final) chapter has in store for this iconic act.
Next March, Judas Priest are embarking on their Metal Masters Tour across Europe. The trek kicks off on 24 March, 2024 at Festhalle in Frankfurt, Germany and wraps up on 8 April, 2024 at Zenith in Paris, France. Special guests for the run will be Saxon and Uriah Heep on select dates. Phil Campbell and The Bastard Sons will be performing at the Mediolanum Forum show in Milan, Italy on 6 April.
- Standard CD – Printed CD packaged in a sustainable gatefold cardboard sleeve. Includes a 12-page gloss booklet with additional artwork, lyrics and credits.
- Deluxe CD – Hard cover book with printed deluxe CD (including 3 exclusive bonus tracks). Includes an exclusive 24-page gloss booklet with additional artwork, lyrics and credits.
- Standard Vinyl LP – LP contains 2x 180gm heavyweight black vinyl, packaged in a 6mm spined gloss gatefold sleeve. Each 12” record is housed in a printed inner bag with additional artwork, lyrics and credits.
- Alternative Cover Vinyl LP – Limited edition and store exclusive alternative artwork LP contains 2x 180gm heavyweight black vinyl, packaged in a 6mm spined gloss gatefold sleeve. Each 12” record is housed in a printed inner bag with additional artwork, lyrics and credits.
- Picture Disc – Picture Disc LP contains 2x 12” vinyl, each side with a different artwork. Packaged in a clear PVC gatefold sleeve with album belly band.
- Cassette – Store exclusive Transparent Red Cassette with printed label packaged in a clear plastic snap box with album artwork J card insert.
- 7” Vinyl – Limited edition and store exclusive bootleg-style 7” black vinyl packaged in black paper sleeve with centre front & back die cuts. Contains 3 exclusive bonus tracks – the only way to listen on vinyl.