The events include pop-up merch shops, immersive experiences, and more
Next month, KISS are wrapping up their End of the Road Tour with their last two live performances ever. The shows are set to take place at the storied Madison Square Garden on December 1 and December 2. Ahead of the concerts, KISS have announced several special events and immersive experiences as part of their New York City Take-Over.
“We are celebrating our Final live shows ever, taking place at Madison Square Garden December 1 and December 2, with an epic NYC takeover! To celebrate this historic moment, various takeover activations and experiential events are scheduled across a 5-day period. In partnership with Bravado, Universal Music Group’s industry-leading merchandise and brand management company, we have carefully curated and developed these events to pay tribute to our deep legacy and history with New York City.”
A staple of the take-over will be pop-up merchandise booths, put on with the band’s merchandising partner, Bravado.
“I’ve been a fan of KISS since I was 7 years old, and our team has enjoyed being a part of the KISS Franchise for the last 10 years.” said Matt Young, President, Bravado. “Bravado is honored to commemorate this extraordinary moment in the band’s legendary career by partnering with them to execute this massive NYC Takeover.”
“We’re thrilled to be performing our final shows at MSG since the band originated in New York City over 50 years ago,” KISS said of their final shows. “We are thankful for our long legacy of fans, the KISS Army, and excited to be celebrating through these activations.”
The takeover will kick off on November 29 with the following activations:
- KISSTORE POP-UP (11/30-12/3) – This immersive KISS experience which will feature memorabilia, apparel, accessories and collectible items from partnerships with Ed Hardy, Oxford Pennant, Trick or Treat Studios, Funko and exclusive KISS popup store merchandise. Located blocks away from MSG at 248 West 37th Street, New York, NY 10018.
- KISS NYC Takeover Google Map– An immersive Interactive map, built in partnership with Google Maps Platform, will let fans easily locate the KISS activation spots pinned throughout the city [Link HERE: https://nyc.kissonline.com]
- KISS Metro Cards – Penn Station and Herald Square Station will have 50,000 limited-edition KISS branded metro cards available for purchase starting Monday, 11/27.
- New York Rangers ‘KISS’ Game Night at MSG (11/29 @ 7:30pm ET) – The Rangers match-up against the Detroit Red Wings will feature special KISS-themed activities and limited-edition KISS x Rangers merchandise.
- New York Post Activation (11/29-12/1) – Find the KISS branded trikes and brand ambassadors passing out commemorative newspaper wraps and custom KISS cookies.
- Penn Station Digital Ads (11/30-12/2) – KISS’s branded digital adverts will run throughout the area.
- KISS Taxi Fleet (11/30) – One of a kind KISS wrapped taxis will be driving throughout the city.
- Taxis Digital Ads – 800+ taxis will feature KISS digital tops and special KISS TTV content.
- Peloton – KISS is Peloton’s newest Artist Series with classes on the Bike, Tread, Row and App dropping on the Peloton platform November 30th.
- Prince Street Pizza – KISS-themed pizza & collectible KISS pizza box available with all orders of KISS pizza.
- Inked NYC (12/1-12/2) – Complimentary KISS flash tattoos will be available from 11am – 7pm and face painting from 1pm – 5pm at Inked NYC, located at 150 W. 22nd St.
- RIPNDIP – Exclusive KISS x RIPNDIP merchandise will be available for purchase at the RIPNDIP NYC store at 620 Broadway beginning 11/29.
KISS have confirmed that they will be live-streaming their entire final concert on Pay-Per-View. The show is scheduled for Saturday, December 2 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Fans can stream online at PPV.com, or order through their cable or satellite provider in the United States and Canada.
“KISS was born in New York City. On 23rd Street. Half a century ago. It will be a privilege and honor to finish touring at Madison Square Garden, 10 blocks and 50 years from where we first started,” KISS said in a statement.
To order the PPV of the band’s final performance ever, go HERE.
The band’s final show was originally set to take place at Madison Square Garden on July 17, 2021. However, the COVID-19 pandemic postponed a bulk of the band’s End of the Road Tour. The band resumed the run on August 18, 2021 and have been touring the world since saying goodbye to their diehard fans.
It has been a wild run since the band embarked on their final run. Since 2019, The Rock Revival has been along for the ride documenting the entire End of the Road Tour. Revisit our reviews and live photo galleries from Philadelphia (2019), Allentown (2020), and Atlantic City (2021).
“All that we have built and all that we have conquered over the past four decades could never have happened without the millions of people worldwide who’ve filled clubs, arenas and stadiums over those years,” KISS said in a statement before the initial launch of the tour. “This will be the ultimate celebration for those who’ve seen us and a last chance for those who haven’t. KISS Army, we’re saying goodbye on our final tour with our biggest show yet and we’ll go out the same way we came in – unapologetic and unstoppable.”
KISS are one of the most successful acts in music history, having sold over 100 million albums worldwide. The band broke into the mainstream in 1974 with their self-titled debut album. In 1977, the band won the People’s Choice Award for Best New Song for “Beth.” KISS were nominated for a GRAMMY® Award in 1999 for Best Hard Rock Performance.
From 1996-2000, the band garnered 16 Metal Edge Reader’s Choice Awards. KISS were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 10, 2015 at the Barclays Center in New York. The band was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone in April 2014 for the first time in their career in light of their induction into the Hall of Fame.
September 1 – Crandon, WI – Crandon International Raceway
October 19 – Cincinnati, OH – Heritage Bank Center
October 22 – Cleveland, OH – Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
October 29 – Austin, TX – Moody Center
November 1 – Palm Springs, CA – Acrisure Arena
November 3 – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Bowl
November 6 – Seattle, WA – Climate Pledge Arena
November 8 – Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
November 10 – Edmonton, AB – Rogers Place
November 12 – Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Saddledome
November 13 – Saskatoon, SK – SaskTel Centre
November 15 – Winnipeg, MB – Canada Life Centre
November 18 – Montreal, QC – Centre Bell
November 19 – Quebec, QC – Videotron Centre
November 21 – Ottawa, ON – Canadian Tire Centre
November 22 – Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Arena
November 24 – Knoxville, TN – Thompson-Boling Arena
November 25 – Indianapolis, IN – Gainbridge Fieldhouse
November 27 – Rosemont, IL – Allstate Arena
November 29 – Baltimore, MD – CFG Bank Arena
December 1 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
December 2 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden